Over the past few months I have had several experiences that have frustrated me regarding my mission and censorship. I usually try and keep my posts upbeat and uncontroversial (well at least minimize controversy), but I’m going to vent a little bit on this one.
I try and respect everyone’s opinion, and I welcome healthy discussions with all people, whether they agree or disagree with my stance. Freedom of speech is what makes America great. My blog is one opinion and example of how T1D can be managed. It’s certainly a little controversial, but I’m able to post my thoughts to this blog in a free manner.
I wanted to set the record straight on several issues of where I stand on things.
Type 1 Grit
Type 1 Grit is a cool organization that helps T1Ds manage their disease outside of the mainstream method that a typical doctor prescribes. Much like me, Type 1 Grit followers are going against the grain and deviating from the American Diabetes Association’s ridiculous dietary recommendations that have T1Ds stressing out with highly volatile blood sugars. The group follows the Dr. Bernstein method of eating a very low carb diet to help take the volatility out of a T1Ds blood sugars.
I recently had an interaction with someone following this method and I wanted to make the following points about my overall position on many T1D topics:
- I am a huge supporter of this community
- I think using a low-carb / animal based diet diet to manage the disease is the most realistic way for a parent to help their child manage the disease in a much less stressful way.
- The Type 1 Grit method is still an animal based diet, and I think an animal based diet can lead to many other adverse health effects, though
- Eating an animal based diet will always keep a T1D reliant on insulin because it causes inflammation in their body
- I do not believe in LADA, but believe all diabetics are either Type 1 or Type 2. I was diagnosed with T1D at age 31 and I believe I have the same disease as a child diagnosed at age 7. Maybe my disease progresses a little slower, but our issues are still similar.
- I have been diagnosed by multiple doctors, including a well respected Pittsburgh endocrinologist, with T1D, so I definitely have the disease.
- I believe all T1Ds have a certain amount of beta cells producing insulin at all times. Some people think a T1D loses all of their ability to generate insulin, which I don’t agree with.
- I believe any child with T1D could potentially remove themselves from medication (like me) if they eat a diet like mine (see previous blog posts talking about other parents doing it (link).
- I don’t think everyone should be a vegan, but I do think everyone should eat a plant-based diet. I believe animal products pollute one’s body and is a major contributor to getting all sorts of cancers and other diseases.
- I believe all T1Ds should hear my message, whether or not you agree or disagree with my method. My message is to provide information to people suffering from this disease, not to force a raw vegan diet down their throats. My message should never be censored to the diabetic community.
There is some very alarming censorship going on in this country. I’ve experienced it first hand with my situation. While I personally am not censored with my blog, the mainstream doctors are definitely not being communicated with from the powers that be about alternative ways of managing T1D.
The pharmaceutical companies are carefully controlling the message that the mainstream medical community believes about the disease. Most doctors are good people that want to help their patients, but they are definitely not educated on people like me.
The recent vaccine censorship is a much more blatant and obvious form of censorship. Here is a quick link showing a headline about what’s going on (link). Apparently groups like Facebook and Amazon are trying to control “Mis-Information” about vaccines. California politicians have contacted Facebook/Amazon to request they remove anything that is putting vaccines in a poor light.
In a nut-shell, the “Mis-Information” surrounds people posting information about the adverse effects that result from vaccinations. I’ve been researching this subject for years, and I find it fascinating. In fact, I think this is the biggest issue of our generation and what’s amazing is that probably 70% of the population have no clue of the magnitude of what’s going on within this topic.
There has been such a battle raging for years about the connection between vaccines and autism. I don’t want to necessarily open that can of worms, but I do want to list some points below that are “truths” about vaccinations that the government is trying to censor as “Mis-Information”:
Just the Facts Ma’am
- In 1986 Congress passed the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act. In essence. the vaccine manufacturers were getting sued left and right by parents of vaccine injured kids, so they got the government involved to indemnify them against any liability for injuries. Not a bad gig, you can create a medical product with zero liability on effectiveness or risks associated with it.
- Following the 1986 Act, a “Vaccine Court” was created to award parents of vaccine injured children compensation. The government has paid out over $4.0 billion to families over the years for injuries as bad as a child dying from vaccines.
- The number of vaccine doses given according to the CDC schedule has increased from 24 in 1983 to 69 in 2019 (link)
- If you are over the age of 35, you have likely received as many vaccinations in your lifetime that a 6 month old baby has already received that is following the current CDC schedule.
- The autism rate has gone from ~1 in 2,500 in 1986 to ~1 in 59 in 2019
- The government has never performed a vaccinated vs. unvaccinated study to analyze the increased risks associated with vaccines and certain diseases. This just blows my mind considering this would prove once and for all whether there is a connection between vaccines and specific diseases and mental disorders.
- Here is a video of Senator Bill Posey asking a top CDC executive if there has ever been a vaccinated vs. unvaccinated study (link)
- Dr. Paul Thomas did perform a vaccinated vs. unvaccinated study with data from his own practice (MUST WATCH SHORT VIDEO) in 2019:
- Current autism rate for kids following the CDC vaccination schedule of 1 in 59 (1.7%)
- Autism rate for unvaccinated kids from Dr. Thomas’ practice of 1 in ~750 (0.001%)
- Vaccines contain poisons such as aluminum, formaldehyde, and also aborted fetal tissues. If given to a child outside of a vaccine, that person would be arrested!
- The documentary Vaxxed was about a CDC whistle blower that confessed that the CDC had omitted crucial data in their final report that revealed a causal relationship between the MMR vaccine and autism (this is a must watch for any parent).
- Amazon has censored the sale of this DVD on their site
- The government has not acknowledged this documentary to this day (neither denied or confirmed accusations)
- In 2010, the US vaccine court awarded a settlement for a vaccine induced autism case for Hannah Poling (article)
- Here is the head of the CDC talking about the Hannah Poling case on CNN (link)
- Most vaccines are only effective for a short period of time and many vaccinated people get the very diseases that they are vaccinated against
- Mississippi is 1 of 3 states that have mandatory vaccination policies (can not attend public, private, or catholic schools without being vaccinated) and have the highest infant mortality death rate in the county (Infant Mortality Rates by State) / (The Most Unhealthy State in America).
- Vaccine safety testing is less stringent than that of other drugs (link).
- The U.S. has the highest rate of SIDS (Infant mortality) in the industrialized world (link).
It’s About Being Aware and Making Educated Decisions
My point with this information is not to scare people or sway anyone to vaccinate or not vaccinate their kids, but I wanted to present facts that are considered “Mis-Information” that the government is trying to censor. The vaccination topic is very complicated and there are risks no matter what direction you go.
I typically keep my mouth shut on the vaccine topic, but parents should have informed consent before agreeing to the CDC vaccination schedule, and doctors are certainly not providing parents the above information before administering vaccines in a vast majority of cases.
If you have an upcoming trip to your pediatrician, maybe make a Q&A, or, give them a pop quiz and see how they do based on the above information. My guess is they would fail your test miserably. Much like my experience with endocrinologists being unaware of my strategy to manage T1D, a vast majority of pediatricians are not informed of the above data from what I have researched.
It’s just wrong to censor the voices of parents of vaccine injured children that are trying to help inform the general public about the real risks associated with these products. I am very anti-medication as you could probably guess, so freedom of choice to medical decisions is extremely important to me.
This all ties back to my experience with T1D. The doctors are just not providing T1D patients all of the available information on how to manage the disease and that’s wrong too. Hopefully my blog won’t be censored in the future, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was. Until then, I’ll keep on blogging and spreading my message.